Wednesday 13 February 2008

what do chiropractors do?

This is an answer to the above question on Yahoo Questions:

"Chiropractors work with the nervous system. They believe that many diseases are the result of a poor functioning nervous system..

Let's see... what conditions/diseases they commonly treat? Obviously pain, neck/low back pain, herniated discs, carpal tunnel syndrome, any other musculoskeletal conditions. Those are the most common. They also treat asthma, allergies, heart conditions, chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, autoimmune diseases (lupus, multiple sclerosis, and so on), infertility, and anything else that's related to the nervous system.

I have my heart managed by my chiropractor. Been off my heart meds for more than 10 years. No arrhythmias at all, and no high blood pressure. Just need an adjustment twice a year for my heart and I'm all good. And as always, each year, my cardiologist gives me a clean bill of health."

Dr. K

No comments: