Sunday 9 March 2008

Man saves own life by meditating

A construction worker buried alive for two hours in Ningbo, China, survived by meditating and slowing his breathing. Wang Jianxin, a buddhist, should have died within five minutes, reports the U.K. paper the Mirror- march 7th "I knew the air wouldn't last, so I made myself relax and concentrated on my breathing by meditation," says Jianxin. "It was very still and quiet down there. I was surprised at how easy it was to focus my mind and achieve inner calm, even though I believed I was facing death." Do you know anyone who has overcome a grave situation via meditation?
also see http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/article3497087.ece
see also research on lowering high blood pressure through transcendental meditation

No comments: